Saturday, July 16, 2011

First post

I used to cook. I thought it was what I loved.
      I was a pretty good cook. I had gone to school (for a while) food that I made got published in a local rag, I had a few jobs that worked out (sort of). It seemed like bosses didn't like me, like I was some sort of anathema for restaurant owners. eventually it got on my nerves and i did something about it. I Quit. I quit my job at the local Indian eatery and stepped out of the service industry forever. After a stint of making resumes and beating the street I looked at what I was doing now, i.e. looking for a new job and decided that I was going to do what I wanted to do in the FUTURE, what i had been dreaming of my whole life. i want to GROW food. not prepare it for old people with no onions or spice or cilantro. I want to make food for my family and grow food for the other assholes to make for the old folks. So i asked my neighbor one evening as we were sitting around and talking over beers in the alley one night, if she; Asia (ffr) would like a farmhand. and she said YES! so now i work on Starberry Farms, makin' farmhouses growing berries, raisin' bees clearing land, taking care of livestock ect. learning for when it's My farm

No comments:

Post a Comment